Thursday, May 05, 2005

Thursday, May 5, 2005.

My scheduled meeting with Petr at Anglo-American College was rescheduled as a conversation with Kevin, AAC’s outgoing (and interim) President. Kevin is another American who has fallen in love with Prague and has chosen to stay here. Kevin has not fallen in love with higher administration, however, and is eager to assume lower-administrative duties and return to the classroom. Although Petr is retiring from AAC, I still hope to have a chance to talk with him and others who have been at the college for several years, through some of its interesting transitions.
Eva and I went to the Cubist Museum and the café which has recently opened on the first floor. The idea to go to the museum was Marta’s, who had suggested it for last week. I had rescheduled, partly so Eva could join us, but Marta was unable to meet today. I still hope to introduce Eva and Marta, since they are both appreciators of Cubist art and architecture.
This evening is the first dinner together this week for Rick and me. He has been going to his Czech class on Mondays and Wednesdays, which puts him home around 10pm. It was also nice to have a nice simple dinner at home, another rather rare occurrence these days. Only too late did I realize that we had missed the Jazz at the Castle performance by George Robert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home