Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Tuesday, January 18, 2005.

This evening I am recovering from giving an all-day workshop at VŠE. Actually, it was a fun experience and I was pleased with the participation from those who attended, but my feet and head hurt from being “on stage” all day. Eva and I had expected about a dozen people, but more than 20 signed up and 17 actually came (14 in the morning, 12 of whom came also in the afternoon with three newcomers). She was disappointed that more of her colleagues from the managerial psychology department did not come, but I am never surprised at low turnouts for faculty seminars. I enjoyed the small group, almost all of whom were quite talkative, especially in the afternoon session. Some came up to me after the morning session and apologized for their lack of participation, due to their straining to understand and inability to respond quickly. I am used to this from my foreign students in the U.S. It’s very hard to be in a class with your non-native language flying across the room. One older professor told Eva that he had a headache from listening so hard, since he is not used to being in English-language seminars. Fortunately, he did say that he learned a lot and enjoyed it. Several people stayed after the last session to talk with me, which is also a good sign!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home