Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Wednesday, October 27, 2004.

I met with Eva, my dear friend and VŠE colleague, to outline our research plan, and to talk with two of her graduate students whom we hope will help us collect information from Czech women who are running businesses here. I gave them a short tutorial on case research and gave them some handouts I had prepared to help them get started. I coached them on how to approach these women and we outlined some interview questions and did a bit of role-playing and scenario planning. Eva and I also have a list of women to contact, so the four of us have lots of homework to do before we meet again.
Among the topics that John Carey and I had talked about was food. He had mentioned that Tesco at one time had carried Rosarita refried beans and salsa. That set me on the quest to find the ingredients to make burritos, a possibility this year because we have a microwave oven. Tesco does have packaged tortillas and cheddar cheese, and I found some San Marcos frijoles refritos con chipotle and Maggi’s Mexická “sauce” made by Nestle. So, I was all set to have a surprise waiting for Rick when he returned home from his Czech class. Unfortunately, it was only when I started to prepare dinner that I discovered we do not have a can opener. Quickly, I put some chicken in the oven and made a salad. The burritos will have to wait a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home