Monday, June 20, 2005

Monday, June 20, 2005

I hope the woman who cut my hair this morning was self-taught. I shudder to think that there is someone training people to do such a weird job. Maybe she was trained as a scientist and fell out of favor with the communist party and was then reassigned to cut hair 30 years ago. Perhaps her eyesight is going, so she couldn’t see how uneven she cut it. Each side is a different length and the back varies by as much as a half-inch. The beautiful Czech women don’t suffer as much as I do with a bad haircut. The style for young women here is multiple-length shaggy (but straight) hair, maybe because they have found a way to make the most of bad haircuts.
Eunice and I had dinner at U Kapra while Rick went to his Czech lesson at Irena's flat. Eunice and I haven’t seen each other for awhile, so it was nice to catch up. She had just come from the Foreign Police to renew her residency visa, so we had an interesting conversation about residency and citizenship and various country requirements. She is debating whether to stay in Prague or move to the US, but that decision is still some ways off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home