Monday, December 06, 2004

Monday, December 06, 2004.

This evening I feel brain dead. I’ve been sitting at my desk all day, trying to work on research – mostly surfing the internet for references – and not finding what I need or feeling inspired. I had planned to get a haircut, go to the grocery store, visit the Gender Studies organization, and perhaps meet Eunice downtown for tea or dinner, most of which will wait until tomorrow instead. It might have been better had I made some commitments, since I don’t have very much to show for my day’s work, despite the hours I put in. I feel like I’m spinning my wheels. Sometimes I distinctly do not like research or writing and wonder why I keep doing it. Right now, I think I’m driven by my obligations to Eva and Mr. Novy.
Eva sent me a translation of the EnFí Textile company case to send to Jitka, the owner of the company. I hope she can read the attachment and that she makes some comments and corrections. I have not started to work on the Teaching Notes, so I have only a vague idea of what type of analysis to apply. I also have to think through Eunice’s company’s situation. I have started sending her articles to read, but I need some operational and financial information from her, much of which she doesn’t know herself.
Rick didn’t get home from his Czech class until 10pm, so we had a late dinner of omelets and fresh bread and garlic soup. Dutifully, Rick ate ice cream for dessert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home