Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Yesterday’s skiff of snow was still on the ground west of Prague near Bila Hora this morning, but the day was sunny and relatively warm. John drove me to Kladno (about a half-hour from the outskirts of Prague) to meet Jitka Entlichova, who owns and operates EnFi, a textile company that sells and manufactures bedding, bath and table linens for upscale hotels and restaurants. She and her 24-year-old daughter Radka, who manages the company’s finances, spoke with us for nearly three hours before inviting us to a three-hour lunch where we continued the conversation, digressing to more casual topics. What started out as a 10:00 a.m. interview turned into a full-day delight. Most of the conversation was in Czech, with John acting as interpreter. I would probably learn Czech fairly rapidly if I lived in Kladno where few people speak English. John said he was exhausted after translating back and forth all day! Now I have to decipher my notes and see what I can write up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home