Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Tuesday, November 16, 2004.

Eva had asked me to give a lecture to her class this morning. Her class has about 20 students, but she had invited another class, so the classroom was quite full. The students knew that I would lecture in English, and I was told that their command of the language was good, but one never knows in these situations, so I made sure to make the session as interactive as possible. Several students spoke out – some with superb command of the language and others in halting English – and all were lively participants when I broke them into dyads for a few illustrative activities. Eva teaches in a participative manner, so I knew that her students at least would not be unfamiliar with an interactive lecture. Most classes here are traditional lectures, with students taking notes and studying for exams. Eva’s students have presentations and experiential exercises. I was happy at the class’s response and Eva was pleased with the level of the presentation. Of course, I knew the students would be polite, but I hope that they truly felt that it was a worthwhile experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home